Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Million Dollar Question


We called the Man's family yesterday, and after he had finished telling his little brother about all the cool things he's getting to do (like throwing grenades and running obstacle courses), Little Brother said, "What's M doing all day? Reading and watching TV?"  ...  Well, he was pretty close.  So for all those people who are wondering what I'm doing while the Man is out learning how to save the world, here you go.  

First off, every morning I wake up and drink a lot of coffee to get me going: 

Then I might go for a run in these most excellent of running shoes:
Most days I do the piles and piles of dishes that our very large kitchen produces:
And some days I borrow the Man's flip-flops and go downstairs to do laundry:
Other than that, I read (thinking hard about the important subject matter of my books):
I "work" on my computer (facebook, email, phone calls through skype, the occasional blog, and, if I'm feeling really productive, actual editing or writing):
And if the Man is still not back sometimes this happens:
On the whole, it's not a bad life.  Especially when I have days that bring me flowers:
or postcards from far away countries:
Cool, eh?

4 comments:

Joseph said...

I saw your comment on our blog and thought, who is Marian Frizzel and how does she remember my child's blanket? Then I made the picture of you bigger and said, oh yeah, she got married!! Good to hear from you. I read through your blog and maybe missed something, but couldn't figure out where you are living. I hope you are doing well though and enjoying married life!

Joseph said...

That comment is from Katie, by the way, not actually Joseph.

indokura said...

My witty comment is on the blog about the drought. This is me commenting on this blog. Now I am all caught up.

Lee said...

*approving nod* less than a thousand words and photos to boot - lovely update. the coffee picture alone is bonus points.