Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July's Disappearing Act

How are we already halfway through this month? I've been blogless for the last few weeks because I've just been too busy hanging out with my family. My middle sister came to stay with me and the Man for a few days, and then we tootled down to stay a week with the rest of the family. The babies have bonded, but most of my time is spent trying to keep Littles from kicking his cousin in the face with his brace. I would provide pictures, but I'm not on my computer, so look for some to come in the future. Maybe. Why maybe? Because when I get home, I have a couple more weeks before the best nephew and his mommy (my oldest sister) come north to stay with us for a week, and I have to use that time to get my house up to that sister's cleanliness standards. Part of that includes figuring out why our vacuum sprays grit all over the apartment while running... Seriously, why does it do that?

In the meantime, I've been reading a lot (and I'm posting a ridiculously high recommendation for Paul E. Miller's book on prayer: A Praying Life), watching Little's teeth come in and bite me, and thinking about lots of deep things like spiritual growth and the future and my best friend-husband and perfectly frothed coffee. All that to say, I spend a lot of time watching for how God's writing this story, and I am absolutely fascinated by his plot line...including the slight of hand that whisked away July.

4 comments:

indokura said...

You are sitting behind me and your baby is waking up in the other room, and I am about to get off the computer, but I want to post right here on your blog even though there are no pictuers to tell you that I love you!

Looney said...

Does your vacuum cleaner have a bag to collect the dust? The bag could be installed wrong, or have a hole in it, or a hose might be loose ...

beth said...

My vacuum did that...and then I realized that I had thrown away the filter...again. Go me. We are now on filter number 4.

Matt said...

you should just get a dyson... :P