Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birthday Message

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite people in the world: my middle sister, Amanda. It's not her birthday any more on her side of the world, and it's barely her birthday on this side, and since the day's not getting any younger, I'm going to keep this short and simple, a few birthday wishes and some pictures of the kids. And for those of you wondering, I'm putting this on the blog instead of just in a private email because I'm too lazy to upload the photos twice, and I know everyone needs a little cuteness in their lives.


Amanda, thanks for passing on your dreamboat eyelashes to your Smig. I love that when I look at them, they remind me of you.


This is what Tiny thinks about you not sharing your birthday cake. Me too. I'm pretty sure you taught him this face, by the way.


The Little Man brought you a birthday flower. He's sad he can't deliver it in person.


Bee was working on a smile, but really, her look of consternation is more appropriate: Auntie! Why did you leave me!


Bruiser (and all his bruises) misses you and sends you lots of birthday love. Accompanied by loud shrieking.


{Even the dog says happy birthday.}


Bee wanted to show Auntie her new walking skills and also that she is now as awesome as the big boys because she can lug a metal bat around and get it in and out of the stroller basket with aplomb. Also, and you can't tell here, but she's wearing overalls under her jacket. That was just for you. And then I ruined it with the jacket. I'm SORRY!


And Littles wanted you to see him riding his bike like a boss. He did this just for your birthday. Think of it as a present you get nothing out of but that he can really enjoy.


And lastly, Tiny, making yet another face. He loves you. 

Me too, Amanda. Me too. Happy birthday.

2 comments:

Dangdut said...

HEY! I tried to comment on this while I was in Hungary, but I couldn't get my phone to work, and I hadn't brought my computer, so…I'm back in Khartoum a weekish later saying thanks for the lovely bday blog! I miss you, all your babies, the dog, and Yos too! Also the cat--he really does love me the most.

neni said...

I never saw this. It's a great birthday wish!!!! Love the photos! Love you too, birthday girl!!!