Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blips (on the Radar)

I took a quick trip to the commissary today and managed to get my ID checked four times. I can't decide which excites me more: how intensely thorough they're getting with security on base or the fact that Littles and I might possibly look like terrorists.

I've come to the conclusion that the thick coating of dust on the top of an unopened cereal box spells doubt for the Man's cereal picking abilities. He obviously over estimated our desire to eat healthy cereal.

Sometimes when out running errands I get really thirsty and the only water source available is Alex's sippy cup... ... ...I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

I really wish I could hire someone to write down the thoughts I have while driving. I'm sure when I actually read them over they wouldn't be half as clever as I thought they were, but it's annoying to have them, then forget them (because driving in DC takes forever), then spend the rest of day trying to remember what occurred during that brief moment of inspiration.

In theory, I really like the idea of paper bagging my groceries. In reality, I really hate how many trips it takes me to get them in the house from the car. In general, I think this juxtaposition between theory and reality carries over to most things in life.

Anyway, on to other, potentially more productive things. 

4 comments:

JulieAnn said...

This made me laugh several times.

Sippy cup. It happens. Just sayin'.

And yes, if that person could also write down late-night thoughts as well, that would be great.

And you should get the reusable bags they have at the commissary. They have substantially reduced the number of trips to and from the car for me.

Jackie said...

Ah yes, the ID thing... the longer they scrutinize the picture, the more nervous I get. I can't explain why.

Joanna said...

I have never been thirsty enough to drink out of Micah's sippy cup. And I've been thirsty.

Michael & Jessica said...

I second Julie's comment on the reusable bags. I have several of them and they hold so much more than even the plastic ones!

I will admit though that once you purchase them, the trick is remembering to bring them. *blushing*

Jess