Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Open Windows

I think I'm a success as a teacher. I've made it through two whole days of school, one of music and the other of library, and only one kid has tried to jump out a window! Sure, it was a third story window, but it might've been an improvement on the class if he'd actually made it out. (The next day there was a tactful note to all the teachers reminding them to keep their windows closed and locked at all times. I made it 24 hours before I got in trouble.) In his defense, maybe he doesn't like music...or maybe he thought my singing voice wasn't quite up to par...or maybe, maybe, he had perfect pitch and we just did him in. The options are endless.

At any rate, it's probably a good thing that the library is on the first floor. That way if one of my kids just absolutely HATES books or thinks that I do a really bad job interpreting the author's intent (Dr. Seuss could go so many different ways) and tries to launch him/herself out the window, they won't have very far to go.

2 comments:

Kacamata said...

Yeah, I think that was probably the kid you were telling me about that needs to be expelled? Apparently he needs counselling too. I'm sure it's not you or the kids would've been lining up to jump out the window. :)

indokura said...

Hey, jumping out of windows is not necessarily indicative of deep psychological trouble. Some people just hold on to hope that someday we'll be able to fly!