Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Favourites

Today, because it is Friday and because February has been duly survived (onwards to Spring!), I thought I'd share a few favourites with you:
  • Mismatched sheets. I'm obessessed. In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever match again. Ever. Ever, ever, ever.

  • Patched up joy (it's a wiggly worm!). This is what happens when Little's favourite blanket gets caught under the stroller wheels: creativity ensues at the price of one of his poo stained baby onesies that I couldn't let go of for sentimental reasons. Now, I'll have a memory of that onesie forever.

  • No more diaper genie! I'm not saying no more diapers (unfortunately), only that the diaper genie bit the dust today, and really: it's just as easy to throw a diaper in the kitchen trash which gets taken out more regularly. I once heard a full diaper genie bag referred to as a plastic cover poo sausage. I've never gotten over that. I will also never get over the fact that I'm pretty sure old pee leaked out on me en route to the trash bin this morning. Shudder.
  • The Easter Bunny arrived early, and then stayed put long enough so I could get three kids out of the car to see him and then take this somewhat shaky picture. He deserves a pay raise.
  • Finally, for now, today I'm celebrating being a Security Forces spouse. Our squadron won best SF squadron in the AETC this year (that means nothing to you non-military people), and man, I am proud. I wanted to get a picture for you of the guys and girls in their squadron t-shirts today shoving hamburgers in and playing cornhole, but I was too busy helping Tiny dance on a table and dump water all over himself. On occasion, I still have mixed feelings about being in the military as well as being an American, but I'm always proud to be Security Forces. The Man and his troops make that easy.
I was hoping to have some other happy stuff to add to this blog after a quick afternoon shopping trip, but I was lovingly reminded that today is pay day so Walmart is going to be packed. I'm reconsidering. I'm sure there will be Friday favourites to be found elsewhere. In the meantime: happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

neni said...

I enjoyed this one too, especially the part of being proud of Security Forces and your Man. We are too!