Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Los Perritos y Yo

We have been dog sitting this week. 

I have taken this as a viable reason to excuse myself from pretty much anything and everything. Completely legitimate, I know.

This is not a long-term solution to life and currently has me on the couch eating marshmallows and keeping a beady eye the Weather Channel, but in the short term, we have a very nice carpet of multi-coloured dog hair and I'm getting my exercise walking both dogs as well as wrestling them to the ground for every infraction in an effort to keep my neighbors from thinking I've started a dog-fighting ring in the back yard. In the interim, however:

Mop the floors? Nah...
Do the dishes? Over rated.
Clean the bathrooms? Why bother.
Find a babysitter? Ugh.
Blog? I think not.


Swim in a sea of dogginess? Looks like a yes.


Let a pack of rabid hounds do post-meal clean up? Why not.

The canines and the boys have taken over the house. I need to go hide in a cocoon of girliness. Do cocoons of girliness exist? I've been in the man-cave for so long that I really just don't know any more. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I raised a boy from age 4-13.5 and am raising my Gute Gremlin the Elder, though he's just now 8. He has the opposite problem as you- poor guy is often drowning in a sea of estrogen! Find that cocoon of girliness! Paint your toenails PINK! Wear a PINK dress/shirt and get yourself a Disney Princess coloring book! :D
I have to go break up a fight now- CG the Younger isn't acting at all like a lady! LOL Then I think I will throw the ball with CG the Elder. Having to be mom and dad both is hard, but we're used to it by now. :)
Love on those CGs of yours and be girly yourself ALL YOU WANT! :)