Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Day That Will Live in Infamy

May 2nd is a big day in our family. It was originally set to be our wedding date, but we moved the wedding up so that I could go with the Man to training in Texas. In the event that he might deploy in the summer, we wanted half a year of marriage under our belts instead of a mere two months. It turns out he did deploy this summer, and we found out he was going to Afghanistan on, drumroll please, May 2nd. The same day we signed the lease on our apartment and found out...we were having a baby.

So this year we thought we'd commemorate May 2nd by having Littles dedicated. It turned out to be a fortuitous (and somewhat ironic) choice since Aunt C was visiting for the weekend. Ironic because we were staying with Aunt C last year on May 2nd and she was the first person to find out I was pregnant (we were shell shocked; there was no hiding it). Fortuitous because we asked Aunt C to be Little's godmother and it was nice that she was able to make it to the baby dedication since she couldn't make it to our wedding (because we changed the date). Anyway, it was a big day. And then Little's diaper exploded making it an even bigger day.

In an addendum, my nephew also turned half a year old today and decided to celebrate by saying, "Mama!" (and having his own explosive diaper--I think it's a family thing). I'm pretty impressed. The kid has great timing.

All this to say, Long Live the Second of May! What's going to happen next year?

2 comments:

Kahlia said...

my favorite parts were the diaper explosions. But yay for May 2!

Michael & Jessica said...

Oh geez. I can't believe I missed Addison AND Alex! Oh gosh. :( I also wanted to meet the lucky God mom.... Can't wait to hear all about it. Miss you!