Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Greasy Elbow

Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely.
P. J. O'Rourke

I have lately realized that house cleaning is about 20% good cleaning products and 80% elbow grease. This is why the Man says that the apartment gets cleaner when he's the one cleaning. I can't help it that he has more upper body (scrubbing) strength than I do. Jillian Michaels is supposed to be fixing that for me, but she's not a miracle worker.

Can I just say that keeping a house clean is difficult when you have a permanently shedding cat (who loves to roam the kitchen counters at night), a baby who diligently spits up on ... everything, a husband who comes home with dirt in his pockets (deposited by the handful with love from a little boy at the air show), and my own post-pregnancy hair loss going on. It takes a lot of work to keep all that spit up and dirt and hair (both blonde and otherwise) from matting the counters and floor boards and carpets, et cetera. If I was not already going bald from the post-pregnancy hair loss (and the chunks that Littles is pulling out with his new grasping talent), I'd have hair falling out from the stress of a losing battle.

Luckily, I always have the Man and his greasy elbow to take over when I reach that point. Right, babe?

2 comments:

Christina said...

post-pregnancy hair loss is awful isn't it?!?! especially because the baby always pulls out whatever was staying in!

JulieAnn said...

I'm with you on the hair loss. Yuck!

And that quote is hilarious :)