Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blurbs: I feel that I have used this title before


  • Last week I swept up a broken jam jar. This week I discovered how much more dog hair I can get up with a still slightly sticky broom.
  • Little Man asked for milk for breakfast when he doesn't like milk. I spent the rest of the morning bribing him to drink it by singing the B-I-B-L-E just so it wouldn't go to waste. No lie. And it worked.
  • Tonight I am having a girls night that has been seven months in the planning. Seven months. You would think it would be something epic, like taking over the world or at the very least achieving a Guinness World Record. No. My friend and I are just watching a movie we'd sworn not to watch without each other--it took us that long to find a date that worked for both of us, our two husbands, and our four children. This is motherhood.
  • Yesterday morning I went running for the first time without the stroller. I'd forgotten how much easier it is to run when you're not pushing a stroller that contains 50 pounds worth of children. I also never realized how much simpler it is to discipline a rabbit-chasing-inclined dog when you're not also trying to hold onto aforementioned stroller. On that note, I had a moment while running with Trig-dog when I actually more than tolerated him for the sake of the boys (all 3 of them--that includes the Man).
  • I bought Little two books today and told them he can't have them til Monday when he has surgery. He's now gleefully asking when we go to the doctor. Similarly, I saved one of his Christmas presents (a super-sweet Little People's airport from his grandparents) to give him when the Man leaves. He asks me about it every time he gets in his closet: daddy leave, open? I can't decide if I'm the smartest parent ever or extremely sadistic.
  • My four month old is rocking a twelve month shirt today. This needs no further commentary.
  • Little Man is in a nose-picking phase. It's already getting old; I say, "A., take your finger out of your nose" at least twenty times a day. Today he decided to pick the dog's nose too. I'm not sure whether or not this is an improvement.
And on that note, I'm going to go vacuum. Or go for a walk. One of those options. Probably the walk. Vacuuming never sounds very appealing to me. Then again, sitting on furniture that's not encrusted in dog-hair would be an improvement. I can't really sweep the couches with my specially enhanced broom, now can I?

1 comment:

Abbey said...

The B-I-B-L-E song would work for me, too. It was always a favorite. :)
What movie are you watching on this most epic of girls nights?
And I'd probably say you're sadistic. ;)
Love you!