Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Break from Beautiful

I hereby confess that instead of getting to work blogging once the boys went to bed, I have been playing with my new Mac all night. It's so pretty that I can't get over it. And I've decided that the new Mac smell may beat out new car smell and even new shoe smell.

But the truth is that I received the box with said new computer in it this afternoon and was too freaked out and excited to even take it out of the box. If I had, I probably would've played with it this afternoon and then been legitimately productive this evening, but I didn't. I waited for moral support and was lucky enough to have invited a friend over for dinner. If you don't understand why I was too overwhelmed to even open a new computer that I am desperately excited about, you don't know me very well. It took me a full week before I could use my last new computer without first washing my hands. I'm a little OCD. And expensive things terrify me.

Anyway, all that to say, I could throw together a quick blog on beauty tonight (I even know what I want to write about), but I'm tired. Our household was on discipline crack down most of today, and I need some rest before we potentially go for round two tomorrow. So, yes, I admit defeat. But if it will make you feel better, I can try to swing a two part post tomorrow evening and thereby redeem myself.

Today: thanking God for new computers and best god-aunts, for friends who don't judge my children or my parenting, for the cool weather this hot-flashing pregnant mama so appreciates, and for moments of rest in the midst of work.

No comments: