Saturday, October 19, 2013

beauty{full}: ugly/beautiful

I learned a new word for beauty this week: pulchritude. Seriously. Thank you, West Wing (my at home entertainment while painting and writing thank you notes). Pulchritude is quite possibly one of the ugliest words I've ever heard. Something about this makes me really happy on the inside. And I want to refer to all my friends as pulchritudinous.

Honestly, that's all I have to say tonight: that sometimes there are ugly words that still mean beautiful things. Extra points for you if you respond to this post with your own ugly/beautiful word. And now I'm going to bed. Because tomorrow morning comes early.

Wait, one more thing, you want to know something that is not necessarily ugly or beautiful but definitely awkward? This morning, Littles asked me to demonstrate a jumping jack. Naturally, we were outside when this occurred. I'm just praying that no cars drove by and no neighbors peaked out their windows as I awkwardly attempted to shuffle my feet outward in what could be referred to as a "jumping motion" only by those who have never seen it done except by a woman attempting the feat with a thirty pound beach ball strapped onto her front. The End.

{If you're looking for the rest of this series, all the links can be found here. Thank you so much for joining with me this month.}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From The West Wing reference all the way to 'thirty pound beach ball' I love this!