Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day Fourteen: Leaving Space

Sometimes life is just very full. And we need to leave a little space around the edges to breathe.

I come up against the practicality of this concept every time the Man and I hang pictures. I like a lot of space. He likes a little. We compromise and generally end up with something aesthetically pleasing.

Incidentally, his tendency away from space seems to only apply to picture hanging.

With this move, I've been exploring the idea of leaving social white space, as well. Because sometimes I get so caught up in being a friend and making new friends and providing friends for the kids, that before I know it, our family's down time is pressed out at the edges. Yes, I've jumped in to making friends now that we're here and settled, but I'm trying to provide some space around the edges too.

Space to explore our new home as a family.

Space to be quiet and not talk so much.

Space to be the kids' friend instead of always providing play mates just their age.

Space, even, to feel a little uncomfortable in my own skin because there's no one to distract me from myself.

Space to force me towards Jesus.

That's all I'm writing about today, the need to allow ourselves space when we are in moments of change. Tomorrow, I'm going to start the photo "tour" of our house, if you'd like to join. Lots of badly taken phone photos so you can see what our new place looks like!

For now, I'd like to share with you my favourite picture I've taken this week. I'm very proud of the fact that I took it on my phone. Pat me on the back and tell me I did a good job.


Legos and Christmas lights. That's how we roll. Consider this your teaser for the house tour.

More on the between

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

::pat pat:: You did a great job : ) I think you captured your life at the moment wonderfully : )

Dangdut said...

Looking forward to some Christmas lights and legos with you soon!