Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bursting Blossoms

I bought daffodils at the store today, and I picked the ones that were still smooth green buds so that I could watch the entire blooming process. Tonight while Littles and I were reading Winnie-the-Pooh, the buds started cracking open. Literally. (Now watch for this smooth segue.) I tried to explain it to the Man in an email tonight, and I'm so glad that he's coming home so that I can stop trying to describe everything via a computer keyboard and start sharing these awesome (and somewhat random) experiences again. I don't know how to put into words the way Little's eyes look like suns over a crinkly ocean when he smiles. I can't adequately describe the diaper that miraculously had poop on the outside, but not the inside. And no, there wasn't poop on the changing pad--that was Mom's idea. I'm serious. It was a miracle. And I can't figure out how to tell him with just a handful of letters and some punctuation marks how much we've missed him and how very glad we are he's coming home.

3 comments:

Looney said...

I am sure he will be glad to see Alex reading.

M.S.F. said...

two words: child. prodigy.

Kahlia said...

Keep it up girl. Not long now!